The Mission of Citizens’ High School is to provide students a quality high school diploma through distance education with a well rounded academic foundation, leading to social and economic mobility.
Develop innovative learning programs with self-directed and self-paced courses.
Conduct research of educational trends and develop cutting-edge instructional practices that meet the educational needs of our students.
Recognize and develop each student's unique individuality and talents, and renew the student's belief in their limitless potential.
Prepare our students with a well-rounded, viable academic foundation that gives our students the skills necessary to take control of their future.
Program Learning Outcomes
The overarching outcome of the Citizens’ High School student is a high school diploma that is recognized by employers and post-secondary schools. CHS views a high school diploma as a stepping stone to economic and social mobility. The curriculum is designed to give students a solid foundation in language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science.
Students will demonstrate:
- Problem Solving using quantitative principles and analytical reasoning to interpret data and solve problems.
- Critical Thinking and analysis for academic and workplace problem solving.
- Communication Skills using logical and analytical thinking to read, listen, write, and speak using Standard American English.
- Ethical Reasoning Skills including digital and information literacy skills as students direct their own learning and prepare for real world experiences.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge of natural, physical, social, and behavioral sciences, humanities, and fine arts.
- Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility as digital citizens possessing knowledge, skills, and ethical values to participate in our democracy while growing personally and professionally.