Accredited HS Diploma Programs for Homeschooling
Enjoy the freedom of homeschooling without the headaches of public school rules
“Why should I homeschool with Citizens’ High School?” In a word, the answer is “Freedom.” Our curriculum is completely self-paced, which means you and your student remain in total control of your study schedule. You won’t be required to follow a public school calendar or have your child take state, standardized exams.
Yet your student will earn a DEAC-accredited, state-recognized high school diploma, without any required record-keeping on your part, and no third-party, academic evaluations that some homeschoolers must complete. All our teachers are state-certified and understand how to work with distance education students and parents.
We have academic advisors who will work with you and your student to provide the best possible educational path for you, considering your student’s goals and desired outcomes. You’ll be able to transfer any eligible credits from previously completed courses, for which we’ll give you both academic and tuition credit.
Some homeschooling parents become concerned about their ability to teach the more advanced math and sciences courses that a college prep diploma program includes. However, using our simple-to-follow study guides, you’ll find that coaching your student through those courses will be relatively easy. Plus, you can always turn to Citizens’ High School’s state-certified teachers and friendly administrators for any extra help you may need.
Other parents find that public school calendars don’t allow enough flexibility in scheduling their family’s lifestyle or their children’s activities and needs around their high school education. This applies to most virtual public high schools, too. Yet they want their student to earn an accredited diploma that will be widely recognized by colleges and universities.
Once again, Citizens’ has the answer. We don’t follow anyone’s calendar but yours. You’ll have up to nine months to complete each academic year – just like public school. But when that starts is up to you, and how quickly your student finishes is up to him or her. During each academic year, your child won’t be “taught to a test,” and when it is complete, there’s no standardized test required.
Our mission at Citizens’ High School is to provide the highest quality education to our students, and we strive every day to accomplish this goal. But we cannot do it alone. We believe that active involvement by homeschooling parents or learning coaches is essential to the success of their children's education.
CHS also compares favorably with state-sponsored virtual public high schools. Click here to learn about these differences and how they affect homeschooling parents.
Since your oversight is crucial to your child's success, we make it easy and convenient for you to be involved. Our textbook and study-guide-based system is set up so that you have easy access to a record of your child's progress. This keeps you in control of his or her education and lets you know when to coach more or call the school for help or answers to questions.
As a parent or learning coach, you will be able to:
- Stay completely involved in the educational process and give one-on-one help with problem subjects
- Assist in creating valuable study habits and add enthusiasm to your child’s learning experience
- Conduct other educational activities during your homeschool day, such as field trips and online research
- Choose what extracurricular activities in which your child participates, and with whom.
Many homeschooling parents choose Citizens’ for their children’s high school education, for these reasons and because of other benefits we offer, including:
- DEAC-accredited diploma program
- Affordable tuition and payment plans
- State-certified teachers that help facilitate learning
- Self-paced, allowing faster completion than in public schools
- Textbook-Based Curriculum – no Internet distractions or required online work
- Exclusive Start-to-Finish Student Protection™ Plan – giving you peace of mind when you enroll with us
Take the first step toward a high school diploma for your student by enrolling today – just click here to get started. For more information, call one of our admissions representatives at 800-736-4723, email them at email@example.com, or click here to request an information packet.
A study by the National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI) suggests that homeschooled children usually score above average on the SAT and ACT and that these students are being actively recruited by colleges. Finally, the study points out that the homeschool population in the United States is continuing to grow at an estimated 2-8% per year and is becoming a mainstream practice.
If you are going to be transferring credits, please use the following forms and information:
Download the Home School Validation Forms Here
In order for a student to receive credit for courses completed through home education, the student’s parent or legal guardian must provide the following information:
- A completed and signed Home School Grade Transcript of the student’s performance and credits earned in grades nine through twelve;
- A completed and signed Home School Curriculum Validation listing the educational materials used for each subject completed in grades nine through twelve;
- A completed and signed Home School Education Evaluation of the student’s academic progress in grades nine through twelve.
Send the portfolio to Student Services, using one of the submission methods below.
Citizens' High School
188 College Drive
P.O. Box 66089
Orange Park, FL 32065-6089
..The Homeschooling program is great! I loved it and everyone was very helpful and friendly...
Your success is our success!
You’ll have a personal class in a school of thousands