High School Student Fees
Notes on Tuition Payments
Please note that all tuition and fees must be paid in U.S. currency, drawn on a U.S. bank. Canadian postal money orders and international money orders in U.S. funds are also accepted. Money orders and checks should be made payable to payable to Citizens' High School. VISA, Master Card, and Discover Cards are also accepted.
For down payments made by check, the individual course will not be shipped for 15 business days until the check clears.
The following fees apply to special situations and circumstances:
There is a $10.00 late charge on monthly payments if not paid within 15 days from due date, and a $25.00 minimum charge for all checks returned for non-sufficient funds.
A $5.00 fee is charged for each exam that must be resubmitted due to an incomplete or failing grade.
Shipping and Handling
A $10.00 fee per course will be charged at the time of course shipment.
The cost to replace texts and/or workbooks varies by subject. Please contact the school for text/workbook replacement fees. Replacement fees will apply to all coursework lost in shipment due to any failure of the student to notify the school of an address change. A $25.00 fee is assessed to replace the study guide for any subject.
There is no charge for course substitutions if:
- ALL material for the course being returned is sent back in new, REUSABLE condition.
- The course has not been revised or discontinued,
- No exams have been submitted for grading.
Otherwise, standard fees for replaced materials will apply. No replacement or substituted courses will be sent to the student until any and all required fees are paid.
For enrolled students: There is no charge to evaluate transcripts and/or homeschool portfolios for the purpose of determining academic and tuition credit for successfully completing the required courses.
For prospective students: There is a $20.00 charge to evaluate transcripts and homeschool portfolios prior to enrollment, for the same purpose. Upon enrollment, this charge will be credited to the tuition amount due.
There is a $5.00 fee for an official grade transcript and a $25.00 fee is charged to replace a lost diploma.
Individual Course Program Deadline Extension
Course extension is for six (6) months only and requires the following fees: (1)
- A $10.00 extension fee per incomplete course if written request and fee is received PRIOR TO the one year deadline date.
- A $20.00 extension fee per incomplete course if written request and fee is received AFTER the one year deadline date.
High School Diploma Program Deadline Extension
Course extension is for one (1) year. Further extension requests are addressed on a case-by-case basis. Associated fees are as follows:
- A $20.00 extension fee per incomplete course applies if written request and fee is received PRIOR TO the three year deadline date with no required registration fee and no increase in tuition.
- A $20.00 extension fee per incomplete course plus a $25.00 reenroll fee apply if written request is received AFTER the three year deadline date, with the total tuition costs being subject to any tuition price increases that may be in effect at the time the request and fee are received. Increased difference in the total tuition costs will be added to the student’s account and billed monthly.
A student may stop and then restart submitting exams at any time within the three year time limit with no further charges as long as their account has been paid in full and ALL exams are ultimately submitted prior to the three year deadline date. Otherwise, the above extension fees apply.
After the Individual Course Program one year deadline or the High School Diploma three year deadline has passed, any incomplete courses in which the student is enrolled that have been revised or discontinued will not be accepted and replacement fees cited above will apply for all school required substitutions.
If a student fails to make required monthly tuition payments for a period exceeding 90 days, enrollment status is transferred to inactive. A student whose status is inactive may reenroll at any time within the one or three year time limit by submitting a written request for reinstatement along with any past due tuition payments. The payment must be received prior to submitting exams for grading or receiving further coursework.